Subject: Re: Working with a used archos jukebox 6000

Re: Working with a used archos jukebox 6000

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 15:01:36 -0500

Dj Paddy wrote:
> Paul if that's the case then I'd like to complete distance myself from
> this. That's completely out of order and personal attacks can never be
> condoned. Eespecially towards a dev who's a volunteer on this
> project. Shame on whoever did that and for what it's worth they
> should be removed for harassment.
Well, I don't know if he was subject to personal attacks. I just know
that whatever was told to him privately made him feel quite unwelcome
and was "the straw that broke the camel's back" as it were. We don't
like having to remind people, but we've more or less over time decided
that this is really the best option available to us. But every time we
do it, we get made to feel the villains for actually reminding people of
the rules that have been posted for years. I don't want to accuse anyone
of private attacks in this case, I just know they've happened to me
often. And over time this stuff just weighs on you, until you're tired
of the list.

I think if people just accept that we will publicly remind people to
follow the rules, instead of jumping on our backs nearly every single
time we do it, then everyone can get by with a lot less stress. The
policy isn't going to change, and we don't need to be reminded you
dislike it every single time we do it.