Subject: Re: Working with a used archos jukebox 6000

Re: Working with a used archos jukebox 6000

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 23:40:08 -0500

Antony Stone wrote:
> On Sunday 06 July 2008 18:49, Dominik Riebeling wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Jammit Timmaj <jammit999_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ... as Antony made it rather clear to me that
>> developers, especially if they tend to post reminders, are not wanted
>> on this list I'm leaving.
>>

> I don't recall making any comment at all about developers not being wanted
> here.
>
> Antony.

Just a few quick points, first, I don't think Antony was saying that
developers aren't welcome, and even if he did, I don't think Dominick
should care. No one should leave a list just because one person states
an opinion. One person's opinion isn't any more valuable than another's.
On several lists, I've seen people jump to the conclusion that the
entire list feels one way or the other just because of a few vocal
participants. I don't know how many times I've seen phrases like "Well,
if everyone feels that way then I'm ...." or "you guys ...."

On a related subject, anyone going on the information superhighway
should realize that they're going to run into all sorts. If someone's
offended because they're reminded of the rules to a list that they
voluntarily joined then they should think about staying home or getting
a bit of a thicker skin before venturing back out onto the internet. I'm
not saying people have a license to be rude or tactless, but IMHO the
internet would be a nicer place if people both spent more time being a
bit more polite and spent less time getting so easily offended.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com