Subject: Re: Recording on an iRiver H340 with external microphone

Re: Recording on an iRiver H340 with external microphone

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:12:38 -0500

Mark Allums wrote:
> I do not have an iRiver H340, I was speaking generally. In general,
> you don't want to use a "line-in" jack to plug in a microphone,

When people ask questions on this list, please assume it's about Rockbox
and the players it specifically runs on and make an answer you know is
actually relevant to Rockbox. These players have a single input, "Line
In", which you must use for recording from an external source. Ideal
would be line level, but this is not always an option. So whether you
"want" to or not, it's the only option for an external recording source.
So yes, it is a "line in" in the real sense, but it's also the only
option, so even though it's not "ideal" it's that or nothing.