Subject: Re: possible problem with bookmarks

Re: possible problem with bookmarks

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:40:26 +0200

alex wallis wrote:

> I've noticed that when i delete a bookmark, by going into the recent
> bookmarks menu and then hitting delete on it, the item is removed
> from the menu, however the actual bmark file is not deleted, also the
> bookmar continues to be listed if you go into the bookmarks menu from
> the wps, and from there into the option called list bookmarks.

Rockbox can maintain two different lists of bookmarks, one for the
playlist or folder that is bookmarked, as well as a global "most recent"
bookmarks list. When you're entering the recent bookmarks menu, you only
delete the items in the "most recent" list.

When you enter the bookmark list from the WPS, you see the bookmarks for
the current playlist/folder, which is a separate list.

> The only way to get rid of a bookmark propperly, file and all seems
> to be to find the actual bmark file and delete it manually by
> hylighting it and using the delete option in the file browser on it.

Deleting all bookmarks in a list also deletes the file (this is
indicated by a "Bookmark empty" message).

> Also, i've noticed that it doesn't seem to be possible to delete
> bookmarks from the bookmarks option in the wps, firstly for some
> reason even when i create 1 bookmark, the recent bookmarks menu only
> lists one menu item that's fine, however if you go into the wps
> context menu and then get it to list bookmarks from there, it lists 2
> entries both showing different times.

A bookmarks list often contains several bookmarks, so this is normal.
The most recent bookmarks list can be configured to only contain one
bookmark entry per playlist/folder, however.

> Secondly if you then try to delete the bookmark from within the wps
> bookmarks menu, the bookmark actually won't delete as soon as you hit
> delete on it, the file you are listening to is stopped playing, and
> you seem to be jumped to another file within the folder you are
> listening to, and when you go back into the list bookmarks item under
> the wps context menu, both bookmarks you wanted to get rid of are
> still there.

That sounds strange. It works as expected when I try it. It almost
sounds like you press the wrong button, or the button map is incorrect.

> I hope i'm being clear about this, and if anyone has any questions
> please ask, as i say i just want to no if this is me doing something
> wrong, or if bookmarks are really messed up and i should report a
> bug.

Well, I wouldn't call these things a bug (except perhaps the last thing,
but I can't reproduce that). The documentation could be improved though.

   Magnus