Subject: Re: rockbox info all jumbled up

Re: rockbox info all jumbled up

From: Tomer Shalev <shalev.tomer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 01:07:06 +0300

> When you use a voice file that was created for a different build than the
> one you are using there is always a possibility that the voices will not
> match up. Create an up to date voice if you wish to use a more recent build,
> and it should resolve your problems.

Shouldn't Rockbox address this issue and warn when the version of the voice
data file is different than that of Rockbox itself?

Shouldn't the rbutil application verify that both versions are the same when
a player is being connected?

Also, when upgrading Rockbox, rbutil should warn the user that the voice
file is now obsolete, and ask the user whether he wants to download/create
and install an updated file.

When the user downloads/create a voice file to a device, rbutil should
verify the file's version corresponds to the Rockbox version, and warn if
there is no match, suggesting to update Rockbox.

Are all these tests already implemented? If not, we should open task for all
of them.