Subject: Re: H340 issue

Re: H340 issue

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:15:54 +0100

On Monday 01 September 2008 20:50, Brandon Hicks wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having massive problems with the H340.
> No matter what I do, whenever I turn it on in Rockbox, and in some cases
> the Iriver firmware, there are phantom keypresses being registered, and
> mine don't get through.

If the problem affects both Rockbox and the original iRiver firmware then it's
undoubtedly a hardware problem.

For what it's worth, I have an H340 which I (or more accurately my girlfriend)
use exclusively with Rockbox, and it doesn't exhibit any of the symptoms you
report.

> Otherwise be on the look out for an Iriver stripped of drive and battery
> to be put up for experimentation or what have you on this list soon.

There are H340s on eBay from time to time, and often the cheaper ones are
without hard disks (or with obviously faulty ones) so you may be able to
reassemble one working machine from two sets of parts.

Regards,

Antony.

--
God sent his only son into this world to be crucified.
Christian parents may wish to reflect upon this as a role model.