Subject: Re: New Ipod 4th gen

Re: New Ipod 4th gen

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:06:45 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Woods" <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
To: "'Rockbox'" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:34 PM

> Please remember, this list is for discussing Rockbox support,
> and is not a general accessibility on MP3 players list.

True, but one does wonder whether this inclusion of talking menus suchlike
in the official firmware means that some of the developers at Apple took
notice of Rockbox's previous efforts to improve accessibility and decided to
make them 'official' as such :)

** Seems to me there was something a few years back where Apple apparently
stole the talking menus idea from the open-source community, namely,
RockBox, and put a patton on it.
I'll bet a reference to that could be found in the archives of this list.
Glenn

Database version: 5.10670e
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/