Subject: Re: what 'new' players are supported

Re: what 'new' players are supported

From: Buddy Brannan <buddy_at_brannan.name>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:57:09 -0400

On Oct 8, 2008, at 12:28 AM, Paul Louden wrote:

> You've recently posted several posts to the Rockbox mailing list in
> which you are top posting. Please be aware the list guidelines
> explicitly state not to do this.

So, you don't say exactly, whom are you addressing? There has been
lots of top posting. And lots of list policing. And, well, I daresay
the top posting has more useful content (even if it's lazy). While
list guidelines (and good netiquette) dictate inline as opposed to top
posting, common courtesy would ask that you let us know who is being
addressed when posting publicly to a large group. Of course, common
courtesy would also ask that you call people's infractions out to them
in private rather than publicly, which of course would bypass the
whole issue of who on the list is being called out.