Subject: Re: Jump to time

Re: Jump to time

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:27:20 +0100

>> How about if the voice UI read out the track time position (maybe when
>> you
>> release the ff or rewind button?). I guess this would need to have an
>> enable/disable option of it's own...
>
> That works too. It would certainly make finding things much quicker.

Hi. I like andres idea.
I think a jump to time option would be a very useful feature, as it can take
ages to move through a massive file. I don't think having the time read out
would help with fast forwarding through a file, as you still have to hold
your fast forward button to actually scroll through the file, so it wouldn't
really save you much time.
Also, I think another useful feature that would be very useful for us as
blind users would be a noisy fast forward or rewind, which of course people
should have the option of enabling or disabling.
I really miss this feature from the original iriver firmware, where you'd
here what you were fast forwarding through as you moved through the file.