Subject: Re: Dual Boot?

Re: Dual Boot?

From: Sander Sweers <sander.sweers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:04:12 +0200

Please reply to the list and not in private.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 21:03, steve c <stevec5000_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think it should matter since I was just wondering about dual boot.
> Anyway it's the manual they list for the Archos.

The manual does have a picture which tells you where the F1 button is
supposed to be. Picture can be found on [1] for the Archos Recorder 6,
10, 15 and 20.

> If it's the wrong one then they put up the wrong one but the same manual seems to used for a
> lot of different models because it's so confusing. They keep mixing
> up terms like saying to "flash the firmware" when they really mean to
> copy a file to the hard drive.

If you are offering to help improve I am sure the devs would appriciate it.

> I asked about that and was told it's because they are used for different models but I had to read it
> several time to figure out what they were talking about. It doesn't
> have anything that will clear up how dual boot works though.

Browsing through the manual for the Archos Recorder 6, 10, 15 and 20 I
have a hard time finding the section how to boot the of. I never owned
a Archos and have no clue if it should even be possible to dual boot.

But as you refuse to inform the list which player you have there is NO
way for the list to check this.

Greets
Sander

[1] http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-recorder/rockbox-buildch3.html