Subject: RE: need help with my ipod

RE: need help with my ipod

From: Sant, Nick (NY) <"Sant,>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:32:35 -0400

    hello, been a wile since I have been on.
I have a ipod video 30 gig and just reinstalled rockbox on it. the
question
is, I got it to talk but no matter if I lad mp3's on the ipod or if
there
are mp3's already on it I can't get them to play is their something I
can do
to be able to hear my music?
I can hear it just fine if I select them wile connected thru my usb off
the
computer speakers, but no go if i just have them with my ipod's
headphones
and i decide to take a walk or what ever.
would appreciate the help and thanks.
Sal

Hi Sal,

First off, are you using iTunes to copy the music from your computer to
the iPod, if so then you might want to use the Database option from the
"main menu" in Rockbox.
If you've added the music via drag and drop or Windows Explorer or
equivalent then can you describe what happens if you select Files,
navigate to one of the files that works via USB and click the centre
(select) button on it.

Also, it would be a VERY good idea to read the manual from cover to
cover as it is packed with very useful information about how to use
Rockbox.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by e-mail or by telephone at 212-224-3300 and then delete the e-mail and all attachments and any copies thereof.

Institutional Investor Inc. cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail, as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the e-mail may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender. Any views expressed by an individual in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Institutional Investor Inc. This communication is from Institutional Investor Inc., a company incorporated in the State of Delaware in the United States of America and located at 225 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10003.