Subject: Re: rockbox and voice files

Re: rockbox and voice files

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 02:41:36 -0600

alex wallis wrote:

> Hi. I thought that the major problem with accessibility of the rockbox
> utility was the fact that the version of qt it is built with isn't
> very friendly with screen readers? I thought the qt developers had
> addressed this in an update though.
My understanding is that it should already be accessible in Windows (and
possibly OS-X, I'm unclear on this) but that the lack in Qt prevents
accessibility in Linux at this time. But even where there is some
accessibility, there may be usability hindrances (or problems with
specific screen readers) that we are unable to anticipate or correct
ourselves.