Subject: question about shape of h140

question about shape of h140

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:09:46 -0000

Hi list.
I'm wondering if any h140 owners could have a look at there players and give me some advice on there shape, particularly those who have upgraded there hard drives to bigger capacity discs, but comments from any 140 users welcome.
Several months back, I upgraded the hard disc in my player to one of those 80 gb toshiba drives, I can't remember the name, but there quite rare and expensive.

However, recently I was using my player, and I noticed that both the screen of the player and a little bit of the body, the top part of the edge of the top of the player felt curved, the screen actually feels like it is bulging.
Now I am blind, and I have never noticed this before, could someone please advise me is this just something I have never noticed before,
or is the bulging I have observed due to the hard disc being badly installed, or possibly due to the battery swelling up?
I have heard a few horror stories of this happening, but the battery in this player is around 3 years old, and has never given me any trouble.
If people on list need me to, I can try to snap a few pictures with my phone, but I don't no if they would be very good or tell you very much.
The bulge of the screen starts on the top of the player if you have it on a table facing you with the USB socket on your right, with the side that has the record button facing you. the screen rises up a little bit, then levels out and at the point where the screen rises up like a hill, is where the edge of the players body curves to follow the bulge in the screen.
As far as I can tell there is no curve on the bottom edge of the player opposite the bulge in the top.
I would be very grateful for any comments.
Alex.