Subject: Re: Update #19374

Re: Update #19374

From: Grant Hardy <granthardy_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:31:09 -0800

Purple Dynasty: you hit the nail right on the head.

I remember back in 2006 where people happily shared their knowledge,
enthusiasm, and great experiences with Rockbox liberally on this list. I
even remember a gentleman happily sharing a story about Rockbox: he dropped
his player, causing the batteries to pop out; but something in Rockbox
caused the precise position in his current track to have been stored, so
that the moment he popped the batteries back into his jukebox and powered it
on, he picked right back up listening.

Fast forward to 2008. Nobody would dare share a story like this, because
"this is not a social list"; no newbie would dare reply to a topic on the
list, in case he should perform a heinous crime like top-posting; new
features are greeted with 'It's not our responsibility to check the major
changes pages for you, and whatever you do, don't post your happy stories
pertaining to this new feature' rather than 'Yipeee! Guess what finally
made it into Rockbox?'; and the whole attitude of the list administration
team is undermining the whole project.

Paul, y'all are driving new and experienced users of Rockbox away. Gone.
Out the door. This list isn't a place for academic grind - "you only scored
75% on this post" - it's a friendly support list for the community of
Rockbox. Or at least it was.

Can we cut out the attitude and bring back the awesomeness? Please?

Grant