Subject: Re: advice on a player?

Re: advice on a player?

From: Arno Wald <arno.wald_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:47:59 +0100

Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>> Also, what is the state of the usb support on the sansa e200v1? Is
>> there any hope that it will be functional somewhen?
>
> I am not sure of what use this would be. You can boot the player with
> USB connected and then the original firmware will handle the USB
> connection. So what would you gain if Rockbox can do the same?

a) I could handle the microSDHC card by rockbox without searching for my
microSDHC USB adapter.

b) I do not need to boot the original firmware that wants to scan all
the files the first time after disconnecting.

So it would make the sansa e200v1 support much more perfect. IMHO this
is reason enough. Until then I have to handle it the way that you
mention. This works but it is not that nice.

Bye,
Arno