Subject: Re: Getting a new player - anyone have a suggestion

Re: Getting a new player - anyone have a suggestion

From: Don Perley <perley_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 13:48:08 -0500

David wrote:
> So, here is a list of some of my
> wishes. Is there any of the supported players that gives most - or even
> all - of these features? Thanks, listers!

I can answer for my player (Sansa E-200 series)

Yes on recording, but only from the FM radio or built in microphone.
Yes on memory card, microSD available up to 16 (maybe 32?) gigabytes.
Yes on folders.
Yes on USB 2.0
No digital out.
No touch screen. It has buttons and a wheel, but you can feel it go
through clicks (not like Ipod).
No hard disk. INternal memory is 2, 4, 6, or 8 Gigabytes.
Last I know you can get them through overstock places, sold as
"refurbished" which in this case seems to mean stock that stores
returned when the model was replaced, not used ones. Note that there
are two versions with different processors, and only V1 is supported for
Rockbox so far. The place I got mine specifically listed it as the
Rockbox-ready version.

Try Froobi.com, Newegg.com

Maybe you can get a new battery for your Archos? Things like digital
in/out or line in are getting rare in units marketed as players.
Digital recording gear is there, but will be pricier.