Subject: Re: Getting a new player - anyone have a suggestion

Re: Getting a new player - anyone have a suggestion

From: David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:59:20 -0500

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM, David <elephant_at_tele2.no> wrote:
> OK, I know there is a list on the site, telling which players are supported
> by RB. But it doesn't tell which functions the players offers, or what
> features they hold.
There is another page which does tell which functions the players offer:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BuyersGuide

Is the Twiki table easily blind accessible? I have been long curious
about that.

> - The capability of recording
> - The capability of reading/writing SD card (or any other memory card)
> - Playing folders, even on a SD card
> - Preferably USB 2.0 connection
> - Line-in, and Mic-in (at least build-in mic, but a mic-in would be
> perfect), maybe even some kind of digital-in/out (optical/coaxial)
> - Buttons. I hate fields that needs to be pressed, and menu wheels. If ever
> possible to void ithat kind of things, and get good old keys/buttons YEEBEE!
> - If it has an internal hard disk, in addition to the SD card, or an
> Internal memory, that is even a bonus!
> - any suggestions - apart from EBay - where to get hold of it?

Simply put what you are asking for does not exist. So I will try to
offer you some compromises.
1 - If you remove the requirement for recording via Line-in or Mic-in,
the Sandisk Sansa E200 and C200 series are the only currently
supported players which meet your requirements.
2 - If you remove the requirement for a memory card slot the iRiver
H100 is everything you want, including the optical inputs and outputs.