Subject: Archos Headphone socket

Archos Headphone socket

From: mat <mat_at_lessermatters.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:42:09 -0000 (UTC)

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever replaced or fixed the headphone
socket of the old Archos JB recorders (or similar). I recently upgraded
mine to 80Gig and am finding it really usefull now - I had previously
stopped using it as only one channel worked unless the headphone plug was
pushed to one side.

So has anyone had this problem before and fixed it? I desoldered the main
board from the metal casing to swap over the driver and noticed a black
insluted wire had become disconnected that I resoldered back. This hasn't
fixed it so I'm pretty sure it's mechanical, the trouble is the socket is
enclosed in plastic so maybe a replacement is required.

Well, I know it's a long shot but if anyone has any pointers then I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,

mat