Subject: Re: Sansa e260 don't speak folder names

Re: Sansa e260 don't speak folder names

From: Arno Schuh <katzematratze_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:54:46 +0100

Hi Brandon,
sorry for this late response to your quick answer of my request.

> The folder then the number is the standard way, unless you also
> generate the clips for the folders.

I used voicebox to create the clips, but it didn't work. That's why I sent
my request to this list.
Each folder contains a .talk clip. I tried it several times and selected the
option to let replace old .talk files, too. Same result.
You're right, I am blind, and a friend of mine created the German
deutsch.voice file. However, the already existing english.voice file in the
/rockbox/langs folder can't speak the folder names, too.
The German .voice file is made by AT&T Naturalvoices "Klara". But for
voicebox I use my Nuance Scansoft "Steffie". Could this be the reason. From
AT&T I only have some English voices. Or is it important to use voicebox
plus instead simple voicebox to create the .talk files?

Yours sincerely

Arno