Subject: Re: Rockbox skips through Ogg files

Re: Rockbox skips through Ogg files

From: Matt Reath <mpreath_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:44:42 -0600

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:40:44PM -0600, Robert Keevil wrote:
> 2009/2/3 Matt Reath <mpreath_at_gmail.com>:
> > So you skipped ahead 1168 bytes and output the rest. I'll see if I can
> > do that to get them to play. Good thinking on that one.
> >
> > I used http://directory.fsf.org/project/dirogg/ to convert my MP3
> > collection to Ogg. Yeah lossless to lossless isn't a good idea but I
> > was on a free format kick.
> >

> The output from dd still isn't a valid ogg file (check with ogginfo),
> it's just enough to get it to play. If you really must re-encode,
> then mp32ogg does a decent job - it's an available package on
> debian/ubuntu.

So I did a conversion from ogg to wav and then back to ogg and it
fixed the files. No ogg comments in the file but I can go back and fix
that. Looks like my old conversion tool didn't do a very good job.
LOL.

That fixed my issue so now I'm re-encoding a bunch of files. Thanks
for all of the help.

-Matt