Subject: Re: formated hidden partition

Re: formated hidden partition

From: chicken <chickensoup21_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 17:00:49 -0800

David Hall wrote:
> chicken wrote:
>
>> It is a e280, but all the tutorials for e200 work fine on it so I've
>> follow them
>>

> "e200" is the Rockbox generic term for all players in the e2x0 series.
>
> --Soap

Okay so I guess this should be one of those times where you thought all
was lost and then you came back huh?
I started reading http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaC200Erase
then erased everything, then went to
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaE200Unbrick -->
restoring the bootloader
after that I got the recovery mode and could copy a copy of the firmware
which I found here http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/mi4.html
the one that works for me was this
http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/e200/1.01.11A/PP5022.mi4
after that it was weird but then I push the hold button and unplug and
it gave me a message of writting something and recovering then I push
the hold button the other way and went off, then the other way and push
the on/off button and all was like new.. well this was my first time
getting my hands (dirty) and was awesome although I got a bunch of
homework to do now, but with music it will be like a breeze

Thanks to Daniel and mrH who did the reverse engineering on the .mi4 and
PP files