Subject: Re: Update: My Sansa e260 just has a blue light on the wheel with blank screen when exposed to the cold weather

Re: Update: My Sansa e260 just has a blue light on the wheel with blank screen when exposed to the cold weather

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:51:40 -0600

david r wrote:
> It seems now that when i hear the announcement battery life is 30%
> it is likely to lock up. At least I am getting 70% + of usage
>
> The annoying thing is when e200 locks up it does not power back on when connected to charger until battery runs out of juice and I can connect it to chrger
>
> I have only had unit for 4 months but is a buy.com refurb
> Is the battery going bad?
>
> Also since upgradung firmare I notice that when Sansa is connected to charging unit it reboots automaticaly into original Sandisk firmware
> and it starts recharging. Is this welcome behaviour a new feature?
>
> Is it true recharging does not work in Rockbox for Sansa e260?

This just happened to me today as well. When I got to 30% left on my
battery charge, my e260 running Rockbox died.

I was able to recover it right away by plugging into the USB port on my
PC. Plugging it into the charger didn't work, but connecting it to my PC
did.

I don't have the problem with my Sansa e260 booting into the Sansa
firmware when I pug it into the charger. This does happen when I connect
it to my PC.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com