Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Noticable Pop Between Tracks (Sansa)

Re: Noticable Pop Between Tracks (Sansa)

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:27:33 -0600

R.L. Horn wrote:
> What I wrote was about as specific as I can be. Nothing unusual about
> settings.

I didn't really ask if there was anything unusual about them. I wanted
to know what settings, in total, you'd changed, and if it occurred with
unchanged settings. This is to help determine if there's possibly a bug
in a single setting that's causing this.

I'm asking for "exact conditions." The encoder used to create the file,
what sort of tags exist on it, what settings you've changed from the
default, etc.

Typically when gapless breaks we hear about it very quickly from many
directions, this means it's quite likely that there's a special
condition triggering it for you that we need to track down. Saying "it
always happens for me, so I can't be more specific" isn't helpful for
people who aren't experiencing this problem and want to attempt to
reproduce it locally, because we don't know what "typical" conditions
are for you.