Subject: Re: MP3 Question

Re: MP3 Question

From: Paul Mansfield <paul.mansfield_at_mansteck.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:22:33 +0000

Skriloff, Nicholas wrote:

> I just came back from India and had an idea I wanted the groups input
> on. I am after a cheap durable MP3 player to help educate people,
> specifically in poorer countries. Here would be the specs. Does
> anyone know of such a device
>

> 1) Holds up to 3GB
>
> 2) Can be recharged by a hand crank
>
> 3) Has a screen
>
> 4) Under $15

It doesn't tick many if any of the boxes above, but it does sound like
you are trying to do the same as http://literacybridge.org, they are a
non-profit from the US who presented at the Apache Conference in Europe
last year. Very interesting hardware thats designed to be very cheap to
run and is designed for literacy learning

Regards
Paul