Subject: RockBox with IpodLinux Loader 2

RockBox with IpodLinux Loader 2

From: Ruben <milisni_at_yahoo.co.id>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:40:30 +0800 (SGT)

I try rockbox for ipodvideo 5.5 macpod
but no success at all :(

what I have did :
1. dd mbr from rockbox 2048 version
2. format player drive block size 2048
3. restore player drive content (copy files from unformatted backup)
4. boot apple ipod, happy to hear some song
6. use rbutil to patch bootloader
5. unzip rockbox at root player drive
6. eject ipod, then 'file not found'. I had double check .rockbox & rockbox ipod
7. download bootloader from download.rockbox.org/bootloader/ipod/bootloader-ipodvideo.ipod
8. ipodpatcher -a bootloader-ipodvideo.ipod
9. still ipod can't find rockbox.ipod

10. donwload IpodLinux Loader 2
11. ipodpatcher -ab loader.bin, then eject
12. loader2 happy to boot apple os
13. reset then load rockbox, cool I see 'Rockbox' on the sreen
14. bad news, I read 'installing incomplete' flashing
    player seems unresponsive. scroll wheel, play, menu button
15. give up, try another day

btw I saw some glitch now when I use apple os
slide bar for volume level, have no blue bar.
still I can increase /decrease volume level
are they corrupted apple firmware or ipodpatcher do improper firmware writing?

best regards

Ruben

      Lebih bergaul dan terhubung dengan lebih baik. Tambah lebih banyak teman ke Yahoo! Messenger sekarang! http://id.messenger.yahoo.com/invite/