Subject: Re: new Iaudio with Rockbox

Re: new Iaudio with Rockbox

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:41:27 -0400

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Boženka Gogoľáková
<gogolakova_at_nextra.sk> wrote:
> Hello,
> i'd like to ask you, which of the newer Iaudio are fully supported by
> Rockbox? I have Iaudio x5, but this player is already not in the stores. Do
> you know which newer models are supported? I am blind and I completely use
> only speak form of the player. I cannot see what is written on the screen. I
> talked my friends about Rockbox and they want to buy Iaudio or similar great
> player which will be  Rockbox supported.

The only supported iAudio models are the X5, X5V, X5L, M5, M5L, M3, and M3L.
There is a partial port for the iAudio7, but it hasn't seen much
progress lately and isn't
useful for everyday use.

Since you have an X5, you can install Rockbox. It's as easy as using
our installation tool:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxUtility

--Robert
--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.