Subject: RE: Computer doesn't see ipod

RE: Computer doesn't see ipod

From: Sharon <smace26_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:32:38 -0500

Hi Paul,
I had gotten this ipod from someone, and it has Rockbox in it. I am running
windows vista. It is loaded with version r18322-080820. When I plug the ipod
in nothing happens on the computer screen, and when I turn it on not being
plugged into the computer Rockbox is reading all the menu items, but you
can't select anything the voice just reads. Now if I boot the ipod witht
the button in the locked position I can then select things on the ipod.
Still though the computer isn't recognizing it. I have itunes on the
computer, but it isn't setup to recognize the ipod. I don't know if it is
something with it not going into disk mode or what. I know the Rockbox
version is an old version, but I can't update it until I get the computer to
recognize the ipod.Thanks for any help.
Sharon