Subject: Re: iRiver H10 - uisng rockbox utility to upgrade a manual install

Re: iRiver H10 - uisng rockbox utility to upgrade a manual install

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:37:17 -0500

On 6/10/2009 5:35 PM, R.L. Horn wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Sameer Bhiwani wrote:
>
>> I have version 3.0 on my iRiver H10 5GB which I manually installed.
>> Now I want to install 3.2 using the RockBox Utility - it's not
>> detecting my current install (I think).
>
>> ...should I just install manually (and how do I retain my current
>> preferences, bookmarks etc)?
>
> Those shouldn't be overwritten if you simply unpack the zip file right
> into the root directory of your player (just be certain your unzipper
> respects the directory structure...a problem sometimes with windows
> zip utilities). I manually update (rbutil throws SIGFPE on my linux
> box) pretty regularly from SVN and have never lost preferences.

I've manually moved my iRiver H10 from 3.0 to 3.1 and then to 3.2 and didn't lose my preferences. I didn't remove my .rockbox directory from my iRiver and I just used the unzip built into Windows Explorer to extract the contents of the Rockbox zip files to the root of my iRiver.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com