Subject: Re: apology

Re: apology

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 03:48:55 -0500

On 6/22/2009 2:58 AM, Alex Meyer wrote:
> Fair enough. How about an email client that allows you to bottom post
> by default?

I know I used to use a mail client that let you set the default location for the cursor to be at the end of the text you were replying to, but I can't find it right now. I thought it might have been Thunderbird, but I don't see that setting.

I'm not sure this is desirable though, since a much greater sin when you're bottom posting is not to trim the material you aren't replying to. Ideally, your cursor would start at the top of the message, and as you're working down through the mail you're responding to, you'd trim away the material you aren't responding to.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com