Subject: Re: apology

Re: apology

From: Tom Yates <madhatter_at_teaparty.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:21:15 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009, Paul Louden wrote:

> Christopher Chaltain wrote:
>> but it seems like posters could also just follow the etiquette, at least
>> once their reminded of it. I think both sides of this argument could take
>> things a lot less personally.
>
> This is one of the things that has driven me to take a break. When I get
> sent personally insulting emails (sometimes from multiple sources) for
> reminding someone the guidelines exist, it's rather wearing.

for what it's worth, i can't bear top-posting, and i've always appreciated
paul's attempts to keep the list in-line with policy. i've not thought
them rude or draconian, and my impression is that when things have got
heated it's been the response of the person corrected, or bystanders who
don't like the policy, that's escalated matters. that's just my standing
impression, though, not a well-researched datum.

if i haven't posted much of recent times, that's mostly because rockbox is
rock-solid and does what i want it to, so as regards personal media
players, i'm free; my main efforts are now focussed on freeing up other
devices i need to use (openmoko).

--
   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net