Subject: Re: Top Posting/ Bottom Posting

Re: Top Posting/ Bottom Posting

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:40:28 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Louden" <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
To: "Glenn Ervin" <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>; "Rockbox"
<rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:18 PM

What part of "normal conversation" involves repeating everything the
last person said after you say your part?
*
That was my point,
It is not normal to have to read or hear everything that is repeated with
each reply, but that is the case with bottom posting.
For sighted folks, perhaps you can easily ignore the different colored text
above, but for Blind users, we need to read the same thing over and over and
over again.
Now with some messages, if they have separations in them, we can jump by
paragraph, but I have noticed in MS Outlook, rather than OE, it is more
difficult for my screenreader to jump past text.

Next:

There isn't a rule against not quoting at all, and that seems it would
solve your problem even better without breaking any rules. As you
youself said, we're on the list and responding to a specific message
so it's there to reference. And of course there's the public archive
for a full threaded view in case your client is too limited.
*
Now I would like that, just reply, and delete the text below my response.
And if folks used complete sentences in their responses, it would be easy to
follow the thread without the need to see what was being responded to.

Glenn

What part of "normal conversation" involves repeating everything the
last person said after you say your part?

There isn't a rule against not quoting at all, and that seems it would
solve your problem even better without breaking any rules. As you
youself said, we're on the list and responding to a specific message
so it's there to reference. And of course there's the public archive
for a full threaded view in case your client is too limited.

Database version: 6.12650

Database version: 6.12650