Subject: Re: Memory Cards for the sansa e280.

Re: Memory Cards for the sansa e280.

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 23:54:11 -0500

On 6/24/2009 11:28 PM, Stephen S. Disbrow wrote:
> I have a Sansa e280. It has 8g internal memory, and I have a 16g
> card in it. From the player I see the internal memory as well as the
> 16g memory. From windows I only see the 8g on the e: drive which is
> the sansa e280. I do see also see an f: drive that isn't accessible. I
> just wondering how I can access the extra 16G of memory on the Sansa e280.

It sounds like your player might still be using the Sansa firmware when you attach your Sansa to your PC via the USB port. Are you using Rockbox 3.3? If so, it should be able to use the Rockbox firmware when connecting to your PC. I didn't notice the player was using the Rockbox firmware after I upgraded to Rockbox 3.3 myself, so I assumed I was missing some setting somewhere. I've noticed recently that it is using the Rockbox firmware now though. I don't know what I might have done to enable it, but my suspiscion is that if the player is powered on and running Rockbox when you attach it to your PC then you'll be using the Rockbox firmware. Give that a try. If your player is powered off, I think it still boots up in the Sansa firmware when you hook it up to your PC. I'll be able to experiment with this more later.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com