Subject: Re: IRiver h10 20GB Rockbox V3.3 acting different than prior version.

Re: IRiver h10 20GB Rockbox V3.3 acting different than prior version.

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:43:16 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: IRiver h10 20GB Rockbox V3.3 acting different than prior
version.

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Marc Guay wrote:

> there's been talk in the past of finding a way to automatically update the
> english.voice file or at least warn the user that it needs to be done when
> it's required for proper voicing.

The voice files are designed to remain functional and working even when new
phrases are added so there shouldn't be a case of a voice file turning
really
bad. The only thing that should be possible to happen is that some (new)
phrases will not be spoken.
***
It sounded to me like in this case, some new menu items were no longer being
spoken, that is why I suggested that the voice file was the wrong one.

Glenn

If we break backwards compatibility, we bump the version number in the file
header and then older files won't even be possible to load.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se
Database version: 6.12650