dev builds
themes manual
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
dev guide

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: RE: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

RE: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

From: Hussein Patwa <>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:13:28 +0100

> As an addition to this I tried the latest voice file from and
> the latest build R21578 with exactly the same result. The same happens
> when
> I create my own voice file as well.
> Anyone have any tips that could fix this? Anyone else using voices on the
> iPod 30GB having this issue? What confuses me is that it happens with the
> stock voice as well as my own generated one.

<pond life>
I have an H300, not an iPod, but I'm not seeing any problems of this sort.
I'm building my own voice file using RBUtil and SAPI on WinXP, FWIW.

Silly question - Are you putting the generated file into .rockbox/langs ? I

only ask because I had a similar issue ages ago, and realised it was because

my batch file was putting the file into .rockbox !

Hi. I am using cygwin and the configure script to generate my voice as
rbutil is inaccessible to screen readers. I'm then manually copying the
voice file into the langs folder. I'm getting speech, it's fine in the file
directories, most of the menu items but the examples I quoted before are
just the ones I've found so far. It's slightly useable, but enough to
render most of the non purely basic features unusable.


__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
database 4203 (20090701) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

Received on 2009-07-01

Page template was last modified "Tue Sep 7 00:00:02 2021" The Rockbox Crew -- Privacy Policy