Subject: Re: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

Re: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:03:32 +0100

>> Does this mean than that the voice file generation process through
>> cygwin depends on a specific dependency which can change from
>> build to build?

Absolutely. No matter how you generate a voice file, it must match the
build (and target).

>> Are there switches I can use to generate the voice from the latest voice
>> prompt
>> list, or whatever similar mechanism to associate voice file generation
>> with
>> any given build of the main rockbox software?

No, but it will build to the current set of source you last built Rockbox
from.

i.e. For 3.3, you need a 3.3 voice file. Not sure if RBUtil can do that,
but you should be able to do it in Cygwin by getting the 3.3 source from
SVN, then building Rockbox before building a voice file.

pondlife