Subject: RE: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

RE: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:48:31 +0100

> On a similar note, I am still unable to generate a voice file using
> SAPI
> with RBUtil. The available engines dropdown is blank despite the
> presence of several installed voices. Any tips on how I might get
> around
> this without installing Cygwin?
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Hi,

Modded versions of SAPI can cause this problem. To resolve this, try
removing any vendor-specific installations of SAPI. The default with
suffice.

Also, vendor locked voices will not show up in the speech control panel and
therefore cannot be used to generate voices through rbutil or cygwin.

database 4210 (20090702) __________

http://www.eset.com