Subject: Re: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

Re: Voice file and menu entry mis-matches

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 19:57:08 -0500

On 7/2/2009 2:48 PM, Hussein Patwa wrote:
> Modded versions of SAPI can cause this problem. To resolve this, try
> removing any vendor-specific installations of SAPI. The default with
> suffice.

To my knowledge, the SAPI 5.1 engine is the version that was installed
as part of Windows XP. All other SAPI-based applications (such as my
screen reader and the VoiceBox utility) can use it, and the Neospeech
voice I am using works and is not locked down to any particular product.

Thanks for the ideas thus far.
Steve