Subject: Re: question about managing dynamic playlists.

Re: question about managing dynamic playlists.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:41:22 +0100

> On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, alex wallis wrote:
>
>> I tried copying across the file called .playlist control, but I got the
>> message nothing to resume when I tried that
>
> If you have a "nvram.bin", try copying it as well. I *think* that's where
> the playlist position and time offset are kept.

Thanks I will give that a look
I wonder though why this info is kept in the .rockbox root.

Wouldn't it make more logical sense to store the dynamic playlist
information in some kind of folder perhaps where the playlist catalogue
stores its playlists when you create them.
As then if it was stored in some kind of logical folder called playlists or
playlist info it would be obvious where a person should go if they wanted to
copy across dynamic playlist information.
I might start a feature request for that on the forum.
Perhaps even better might be a patch which would allow you to set a default
location to store a dynamic playlist when it is created so that even if you
delete your rockbox build from the player and unzip a completely fresh
folder your playlist information will be preserved.
So you could set a particular location maybe remembered in your config.cfg
file, and then after that no need to worry about losing dynamic playlist
information.