Subject: Re: apology

Re: apology

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:00:49 -0500

Michael McGhee wrote:

> That was exactly my response, I did say that I was sorry, I was not aware of
> such a rule. I was not sure how to do the bottom posting thing at that
> time, and you told me off for apologising in the wrong manner.

I don't believe I've ever told anyone off for saying "I can't figure out
how to stop top posting, can someone help me?" Can you point to the
email where I did this?

> That's why I
> never used the list again, because you asked me to do something, gave me no
> advice on how to do this, and then told me off again.

Actually, we asked that you *not* do something. There are several
alternatives to top posting, the simplest of which is to just delete
everything before replying.

> I didn't see your
> attitude as very friendly and therefore wanted to avoid further contact or
> should I say repremands from you.

Honestly, I find it a little unbelievable you couldn't figure out how to
put your cursor after the email message and expected me to explain this
to you. And apparently when someone else *did* explain this to you, you
took their response as sarcasm rather than an honest attempt to help
because you did already know how, which seems somewhat contradictory to
your above claim of not knowing how. I also find it somewhat
unbelievable that you were unable to figure out how not to when I get
thousands of results from Google when I simply search for outlook top
posting.

Regardless, I have no record of telling you off for asking for help. Are
you sure it was me, and not someone else you're just assuming was me
because of the nature of the message?