Subject: Re: apology

Re: apology

From: Constantine <tcwood12_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:53:00 -0600

> Scott J. Lopez wrote:
>> Jeeze. You people still argue about this silly stuff. I thought this
>> was a discussion list for Rockbox, not for small people with big egos
>> to berate others because they didn't post their question "correctly".
>>

> Oddly enough, your comment is even further off-topic than discussion of
> why we have the rules we do. If you don't like this discussion, feel free
> to stay out of it. But wouldn't the simplest solution be for everyone to
> just nod, accept that there are rules for this list, then go about their
> business within them?

FOr once, I agree. Smiles.

>> I like Rockbox, I've been using it a while now, but this stuff is such
>> a turnoff I'm ready to go back to the native firmware and be done with
>> it.
>>

> Then please, encourage people to read the rules so that things like this
> don't have to happen. Or at least encourage people to be the sort of
> reasonable adults who can be told "please don't do this" and respond with
> "okay" rather than "you're an asshole for asking me not to."
>
>> I really wonder how many of you operate in the real world, do you all
>> throw such fits when people don't follow your procedures exactly? Sad.
>>

> It's not like "please don't top-post" is a complicated procedure,
> difficult to follow. There's no "exactly" about it. It's one simple thing
> we ask people not to do. And there's no "fit" going on. We ask people,
> clearly, not to when it happens. The fit is usually in response to the
> fact that they're being asked to do it.
>
> If you look, you'll see many disproportionate reactions to such a simple
> request.
Ok, heres my question. Can I get a program to bottom quote to a certain
message rule and a certain message rule only? Fact is not everyone likes
bottom posting and this is the only place I here about it. I'm not
complaining as I personally feel its much, much easier to read.

thanks