Subject: Re: apology

Re: apology

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:43:34 -0500

Constantine wrote:
> How can it tell you that if you don't quote the message?

Do you think it's magic that the mailing list archive sorts without
quotes? There's such a thing as message headers.

> Yeah, that's kinda needed so we can know what your replying to, unless
> of course you group by convorsation (which most people don't, I just
> happen to have mine set up that way).

You're working with a different definition of "needed" than the normal
English one suggesting it's necessary. It's unnecessary because there
are several other ways to determine threading. Now "more convenient"
I'll accept. Needed I absolutely will not.

And really, is it impossible for you to trim the unnecessary parts of
messages? You leave an extra copy of the footer on every message you
reply to. If you're going to complain about overtrimming being "too
confusing", I'll complain about undertrimming costing me money and
starting to send you bills. Both are equally valid (read: rather silly,
since either can be avoided).