Subject: USB control for charging disable on IPOD

USB control for charging disable on IPOD

From: Betty Bradley <bettybbradley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:00:16 -0600

I am attempting to disable USB charging on the IPOD (Video) while connected
through USB while using serial over USB communications.
I do not want to charge the IPOD from the device I am communicating with.
I have tried GPIO A through L with no positive results.
Is there is a way to disable USB charging for an IPOD Video using GPIO
pins with the Linear 4066 USB charge control chip
or is there another means to accomplish this?