Subject: Re: available hardware

Re: available hardware

From: Donald Perley <perley_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 08:21:46 -0400

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Antony Stone <
Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 August 2009 15:15, SD wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
>
> > > I'm sure many people who find out about Rockbox think "Great! What a
> > > wonderful project! What sort of player should I buy to run this on?"
> > >
> > > Therefore a list of currently available Rockbox-compatible players
> would
> > > be a very useful piece of information.
>
> > Ok I thought that's what this page is for
> > http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/TargetStatus
>
> That doesn't (as far as I can see) make any mention of availability.
>
> On Tuesday 11 August 2009 15:11, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
> > http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/BuyersGuide perhaps?
>
> Excellent!
>
> Very useful.
>
> It's just a pity it's not linked from anywhere obvious (at least, as far as
> can tell).

Perhaps a forgotten backwater of the web site. There's indication it was
last updated about a year and a half ago.
Bottom line, AFAIK, is that no models in current production are supported.
 Maybe not even in sorta working development versions of rockbox.

Your best bet to find a suitable player is the sort of stores that liquidate
overstocks and discontinued models. ubid,com, buy.com, froobi etc.