Subject: Re: ipod Ogg battery life

Re: ipod Ogg battery life

From: John Sheahan <jrsheahan_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:06:34 +1000

Mike Giacomelli wrote:
>> but 3.3 to current dies with data aborts on many of my audiobooks
>>
> Starting with which revision?

Not sure how to search older nightly versions.
an early August, latest snapshot, and 3.3-stable all fail with a mix of
data abort or
divide by zero errors.
3.2-stable works, but is noticeably higher power.
>> Typically 48KHz compressed ones.
>>
> You have 48kHz audio books? Did they come on a DVD? Or do you mean 48kbps?

New logical stream (#1, serial: 4f2f3a48): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20070622 (1.2.0)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 48.000000 kb/s

dies every time within a couple of seconds.
--ok being a hardware type here, 48KHz sounds quite like 48 kbps

These are audiobook CD's I have ripped at low quality oriented towards
listening in the car.
whereas

New logical stream (#1, serial: 07080284): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20070622 (1.2.0)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 96.000000 kb/s

seems to play.
Music files at higher rates play also.

>> I see this bug has been reported.
>>
> If it has I'm not aware of it.

I assumed 8597 covered it. I can find a freely available
file, convert to ogg and raise a new bug if you prefer.
john