Disk access on Insert next

From: Christopher Culver <crculver_at_christopherculver.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 20:35:40 +0300

When, while listening to a track, I navigate through the database and
select "Insert next..." on an item, Rockbox accesses the disk. Yet my
database is loaded to RAM and the playing song is nowhere near
finished, so no immediate need to preload. Why then is there disk

Whether it's because of some bug or just because my iPod is getting
old, this particular kind of disk access completely kills my battery.