Subject: RE: unable to get latest version of Rockbox to work on old V1

RE: unable to get latest version of Rockbox to work on old V1

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:08:05 +0100

> >> Well , since I have Linux, I built the whole thing and using Swift,
> >> got the voice file down to 1080692 using -B 16 and --resample 8
> leaving
> >> all other parameters the same. I do wish I could get a bit better
> >> quality, but at least it now works.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just a quick one to say I'm glad you got the issue resolved. Thanks
> for
> > posting the parameters you used as it'll be useful in case the same
> problem
> > crops up in the future.
>
> Standing on those are the "magic values" to be used for that specific
> target, is there the possibility to set default values for each
> target? I should investigate, but I think so.
>
> Maybe another patch to tools/configure :-)
> I will think about that.
> Broadcast request: if anyone had experienced similar problem fixed
> trimming the voice generation parameters, please post them, so we can
> collect them.
>
> Bye.

Hi,

I would second that idea with the rationale that it would provide the most
optimum file size for the voice file whilst maintaining acceptable quality
of sound, always with the disclaimer that quality is relative. . It's time
to update my iPod Video 30GB I think, so I'll be happy to play around with
generating a new voice file and feedback the results. I just need to find
the page which gives the parameters and their possible values to know what
to change.

database 4468 (20090929) __________

http://www.eset.com