Subject: RE: Rockbox 3.3 new blind user with a few questions please

RE: Rockbox 3.3 new blind user with a few questions please

From: Pat Fletcher <patfletcher_at_cayjazz.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:16:33 -0700

Hello,
Thank you Hussein and everyone else for replying to my questions. I have been reading the manual. There is allot in there but I am still slogging threw it. My questions arose from using the player as a blind person with speech. I do not see anything in the manual that tells you about changing the SAPPY voice Lee to any other choice. In the past this was achieved by doing some sort of voice building.
I am very interested to learn about the player and how to make a voice. I am a total newbie and so understand nothing about setting up a cygwin build environment. Is it possible for a blind person using a screen reader to make a voice?
I am sure as I discover what is and is not possible to do with speech I will have allot more questions. I search the INTERNET and what I can within the Rockbox community. Yet as with the manual there is allot of things to try and get threw on the Rockbox site. I often can get totally lost. I know sometimes I am confused and just do not know what link to hit to find answers. Example would someone please tell me where I can find out about making the voices. Sure I may be learning allot before I can do it. Yet if a blind person with a screen reader can do it I want to learn. Thanks for all the help of everyone.
Take Care,
Pat