Subject: Re: Sandisk e280 and xp?

Re: Sandisk e280 and xp?

From: tony seth <lp800_at_samobile.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:09:28 -0500

I believe I misunderstood you, you said in your message that you've got
a player with Rockbox already on it, sorry for the wrong assumtion, but
the reboot option may work, also though, and I do stand to be corrected
the version of Rockbox you have on that player might not be the latest
one, if it isn't version 123 you'll need to perhaps boot the original
firmware so that xp will recognize it as a drive. I am guessing that
since Rockbox is already on it, that it's not in mtp mode and that's a
good thing. To boot the Sanza firmware, with the unit off, hold down
the rewind or left arrow on the player and power it up. When it comes
up but doesn't talk that's the indication that the original firmware is
loaded, connect it now, and it should show up as a drive in My Computer.
Hope that helps some... good luck...
Cheereo!