Subject: RE: Any changes to video playback support on iPod Video lately?

RE: Any changes to video playback support on iPod Video lately?

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:27:07 -0000

From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On
Behalf Of Hussein Patwa
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:21 PM

Hi,

Could anyone advise if support for video playback on the iPod Video has
changed recently?

I converted some videos in .avi format to the Rockbox format (.mpg) using
the option in WinFF as detailed in a tutorial on the Rockbox website.
Nevertheless, the videos will not play on the iPod and won't even show up
when the view settings are set to only show supported files.

I'm using R21678 and yes, I know I can update but this also means my having
to create a new voice file. I'd rather know if the video should work with
my current build as it's perfect in all other aspects at the moment.

Thanks,

Hello,

Just to report this issue is now sorted. Although I never found out what
specifically was done with regard to changes in video playback, the video is
now playing on my iPod Video after I upgraded to the latest daily build.
I'll have to recompile my voice file but I can live with the default for
now.

All the best,