Subject: Re: Sansa Clip plus.

Re: Sansa Clip plus.

From: Johannes Linke <johannes.linke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:10:42 +0100

> Greetings,
>
> I just bought Sansa Clip plus and Olympus Digital tape recorder WS 500
> m. I am using them primarily for listening for audio books.
>
> Can any of the Rockbox software versions work with Sansa Clip Plus or
> and Olympus WS 500 m? Are any of the developers working on writing
> software which will work with Sansa Clip Plus and or WS 500 M?
>
> Thank you so much for your help.
>
> Emile

Do you know the website rockbox.org? There's a list of all players
supported by Rockbox. Below "Unstable ports" it says "SanDisk: Sansa
Clip V1 (not v2 or Clip+)". This is also a link to
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS, and this wiki page says that
almost nothing works on the Clip+. Any developer working on this will
need a while to get Rockbox working.
The Olympus WS 500 M is not in the list, and what this means is
explained at the bottom of the list.

Sorry for the unfriendly tone, but i really don't know why people don't
read the list of supported players if they want to know if a player is
supported.

Best regards,

Johannes